What really is a long stay?
More than 3 months in length, the aim of a long stay abroad is to give youngsters of all ages linguistic, cultural and human knowledge that will be a determining factor in their future development. Based on the principal of total immersion either in a family environment and/or on a campus it can contain different aspects:
- Living in a family and going to school for young children
- School or university experience
- Voluntary work
- Work experience
A long stay abroad is a way for young people to know and understand better a different culture and to widen their view of the world. It is a source of personnel enrichment; the possibility of working in a wider field helps self-understanding and knowing what one is capable of doing.
- It is a way of becoming part the dynamic
- It is also the opportunity to discover new methods of education and different school and university systems.
- Finally it is also an undeniable plus on both a personal and future professional level.